Happy Aquarium Community Play This Game

Color Blendable Fish???

Get help from the moderators and other fish keepers

Color Blendable Fish???

Postby Elisia Alampi » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:05 pm

How does the color blendable fish thing work? do u have to have two different color fish for it to work or can you have two red fish and the baby be a random color??? HELP!!! :( :( :(
Elisia Alampi

Postby Lisa Peterson » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:37 pm

It partially depends on the fish. The hybrid guppies for me have been a mix of the parents. For frogs I have gotten a totally different color. Whales are a mix of the parents. I don;t have a big tank, so I don;t know about those.
Lisa Peterson

Postby Cristina Pineda » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:40 pm

blendable fish means that there has to be two different colors in order for the color to blend (red fish+ blue fish= purple fish). If they are the same color, a blendable fish will also be that color (red fish + red fish= red fish). overall it is still a surprise at how much the color blends especially if the fish has multiple colors.
Cristina Pineda

Postby Taylor Hrabe » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:44 pm

I've mated my bullfrogs before, the same pair, and I've gotten two different offspring! Some people have said that what you get depends on which fish you start with. :)
Taylor Hrabe

Re: Color Blendable Fish???

Postby Miranda Wettlaufer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:36 pm

mated 2 blue sharks got green black and rainbow... :twisted:
Miranda Wettlaufer

Postby Gerrie Franks » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:28 pm

Welcome to the forums, Miranda!

What type of blue sharks do you have? By any chance, are they Blue Angel Sharks? If so, they will only produce several different colors of sharks, not color blended offspring.

Look for the "color-blend" symbol if you want offspring that are a blend of the colors of the parents.

In the Store, you can find the color-blend symbol next to fish that are color-blendable. See below.

For fish already in your tank, click on the fish and look at the top left corner. If it is color-blendable, you should see the color-blend logo there:
Gerrie Franks

Postby Gabi Nathan » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:10 pm

Lisa Peterson wrote:It partially depends on the fish. The hybrid guppies for me have been a mix of the parents. For frogs I have gotten a totally different color. Whales are a mix of the parents. I don;t have a big tank, so I don;t know about those.
IF I BREED 2 REGULAR COLOUR WHALES + PAY THE COINS HOW DO I KNOW THERE WILL B A BABY + THE cake +COLOUR IT / WILL IT STAY REGULAR :?
Gabi Nathan

Postby Gerrie Franks » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:55 pm

Gabi Nathan wrote:IF I BREED 2 REGULAR COLOUR WHALES + PAY THE COINS HOW DO I KNOW THERE WILL B A BABY + THE cake +COLOUR IT / WILL IT STAY REGULAR

Welcome to the forums, Gabi!

If you pay Happy Aquarium COINS, mating will always be a gamble. You may or may not get a baby fish. :(

But, if you mate with PEARLS, your mating is guaranteed successful. However, you are not permitted to choose the gender of the baby fish. The gender will always be random. Depending on the type of fish, you may be able to choose the color, for additional pearls. Since whales are color-blended, you will not be able to choose the color of the offspring.

For whales, the color is usually a random blend of the colors of the parents, although the NAME of the fish will be that of one of the parents. So, your baby might be called a "Blue Humpback" even though it might be purple or green or some other color.

You might want to take a look at this older topic: Whales ...

and this one... All the colorful creatures!

Please let me know if you still have questions! :)
Gerrie Franks

Previous topicNext topic

Return to How to Play / General Chat